Menopause in the workplace is a topic that’s being talked about more and more, but what do employees and managers want and need to know?
We asked female employees and managers what they needed and wanted to know about how to start and have a potentially difficult conversation about menopause in the workplace.
In this video, I share what they told me and what they’d both like to happen to be able to have less uncomfortable conversations about menopause.
An example of the questions asked are:
- How would you feel having a conversation with your manager about your menopause symptoms and how they were affecting your performance?
- How would you like your manager to respond during a conversation about your menopause symptoms and how they are affecting your performance?
- What support would you like from your manager during your menopause?
- How would you feel having a conversation with your female colleague about their menopause symptoms and how they were affecting their performance?
- What do you want to know so you can have a conversation about menopause with your colleague?