How do you start a conversation with your manager about your menopause? Talking about your menopause and how the symptoms are affecting you can feel difficult or uncomfortable, whether it’s a chat with your manager, your colleague, human resources or occupational health.
And if your symptoms are debilitating you’ll want to discuss how you can be sure you’re working safely and how to still be productive in your job.
In this video I share with you how you can prepare for your chat, give you an outline on what to prepare and give you an example of how to go about saying what you’d like to say during your meeting.
This video is for you if you want to know:
- What to do to prepare for your conversation with your manager?
- How to outline your conversation with your manager in a way that’s as comfortable for you as it can be?
- How to make your manager feel comfortable (even when you’re not feeling it)
- How to get your point across without attaching too much emotion to your situation.
- How to keep your conversation going beyond your first chat.
My aim is to get as many people talking about menopause in the workplace as I can so menopause is no longer an uncomfortable topic.
Menopause and the law: As an employer where do you stand?
Why menopause is a difficult topic for the workplace
How the effects of the workplace are unexpectedly impacting the workplace
How to introduce changes in the workplace to support those going through menopause